Monday, March 17, 2014

I’m Not a Fan of Monkeys Anymore.

The next morning (February 25th) we went to the train station and started our trip back home.  Our first train ride took us from Agra to Vijayawada, and from Vijayawada we hopped onto our last train that took us to Visakhapatnam for a total 33 hour train ride.  For the beginning of our first train ride we got a whole booth to ourselves which was nice.  To pass some time we started playing some card games.  The train ticket guy came in to check our tickets, and it was funny because after he did, he just sat there with us making some small talk, and after that he continued to just sit there haha.  It got a little awkward so we started playing our card game again, and then he stayed and watched us play.  He said that he liked card games so we tried to kind of explain the game to him, and he watched us play till he understood how it worked and then he left!  Haha it was just so random!  Anyways the next day we arrived in the Vijayawada train station.  I was so thrilled, just one more short train ride to go, we were so close to getting back to our cute green house, and we made it through our whole weekend trip with nothing bad happening!....I spoke too soon.  We had a 3 ½ hour wait in the station till our next train would get there so we decided to walk around, get something to eat, and find out which platform we needed to wait on.  On our walk across platforms I noticed some people who were stopped watching two monkeys!  They were tossing them food to eat, and since we had time to kill we joined the other people to watch the monkeys.  Well once we came over to watch, one of the monkeys came right over to me and sat right next to my foot and was looking up at me.  Then all of a sudden it jumped onto my leg, grabbed my leg, and bit me!  And then just as fast as it happened, it jumped off and ran away!  Well my first reaction was to laugh because of what had happened.  Seriously, of all the people standing there it decided to come after me!  Now I can add a big monkey in India to my list of random things I’ve been bitten by!  After that I started worrying about the possibility of getting some sort of infection or even worse, rabies!  Unfortunately we were in a dirty train station, in a city that we couldn’t even pronounce the name of, so there really wasn’t much we could do about it.  The stupid monkey had managed to make a small cut so I washed it out as best as I could with hand sanitizer.  Then I called our professor and asked him if he would call our doctor and see what I should do when we got back.  We enjoyed our last train ride watching some chick flicks, and then got a ride back to our home here!  It was SO wonderful to be back!    

Oh and this is what my monkey looked like:


No comments:

Post a Comment