Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I am So Dang Tall!

When we went to relief society on Sunday I realized how very short and small a lot of the women are here.  Some of them are around my same height but there are also some that are super short!  Seriously I’m a whole head taller than some of them!  I think India may be one of the best places for me to feel so dang tall!  So I’ll be sure to enjoy what it’s like being a tall person for the next four months before I come back home. 


We’ve taken quite a few shopping trips to get clothes and things which has also made us realize how much bigger we are than the people here.  But it’s fun to go out to different stores and find little things that remind us of home. 

One of out shopping trips.

We found this great little store that has lays chips and best of all Oreos!  We’ve also found Quaker oatmeal packets which made me so excited until I found that not one of them is a flavor you would see at home, they were all some type of spicy flavor!  Yuck!  Each flavor had some sort of hot spice flavoring.  The same thing happened when I found Cup of Noodles, all the Cup of Noodles came in some sort of spicy flavor!  There is no escaping the spice here.  So luckily they haven’t messed with the Oreos!  Even the Lays chips (here I’ve found four different flavors) come in a spicy flavor.  They specify the salty original and the sour cream and onion flavors as “American flavors” and then the other two flavors are India flavors: “India’s Magic Masala” and “Chile Limon”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment