Monday, January 13, 2014

To India We Go!

Stefanie and I flew the whole way together which made it much less scary!  We had our last cheeseburgers in Seattle.  I took forever to eat mine because I wanted to cherish every single bite!  


The flights weren’t too bad, it took us a total of 25 hours of flying to get to Visakhapatnam.  Stefanie and I met up with two of the other girls in the program (Mckenna and Sarah) in Mumbai where we had a seven hour layover.  While we waited we pulled some chairs together and watched Eat Pray Love.  This helped me get more excited for our adventure because in the movie the main character goes to India!  


Eat Pray Love scene in India!

Once we arrived in Visakhapatnam we were getting our suitcases and our two Professors were there to meet us and take us to our home for the next 4 months.  They gave each of us a garnish to wear, they are very pretty.  


They are necklace-like things made up of a ton of flowers that hang to your knees.  I’ll just say, the driving here is CRAZY!!! I have no idea how we didn’t hit other cars or run over people! Seriously they are so crazy here! I’ll have to get a video of it.  There were some points where I just had to hold on tight and close my eyes hoping for the best haha.  We were lucky though because we got to ride in a car that had some seatbelts.  Rigshaws, however, are much different.  They are three wheeled taxi like automobiles, you just cram in a ton of people, no seatbelts, and no doors to keep you inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment